November 17th, 2008
Early in the SocialCorp book, I include the SocialCorp Readiness Quiz, a series of 20 questions designed to help corporate communicators assess the strengths and weaknesses of their companies as they might affect social media adoption.
You can take the online version of the quiz:
Use the following scoring* guidelines to help you determine your organization’s readiness:
- 18–20: Your company is already a SocialCorp. Congratulations.
- 15–17: You have the right culture, leadership, and other conditions in place to allow your company to become a SocialCorp, with great potential for broad social media adoption.
- 12-14: The fundamentals are good, and you’re well on your way to becoming a SocialCorp, but to be successful you’ll need to carefully factor those areas in which the company might not be perfectly aligned for success.
- Less than 12: Don’t despair. Your responses indicate only that there are some barriers to social media adoption in your organization and that there might be certain social media strategies that won’t work in your company or industry.
Thanks to all of my good friends on Twitter who contributed questions, and to Todd Hoskins of Networked Insights, who allowed me to include a couple of questions from his company’s Readiness Assessment Tool.
Feel free to comment here on what you thought about the quiz, and whether it helped you gain any insights into your company’s social media readiness. You can freely reproduce, distribute and reuse the quiz, but please keep the copyright notice and credits intact.
* Note that the scoring differs between the online and written (PDF) versions of the quiz. For the PDF version, use the scoring method outlined in the document.